Learn about LiveWell Colorado
LiveWell Colorado is a nonprofit organization committed to reducing obesity in Colorado by promoting healthy eating and active living. In addition to educating and inspiring people to make healthy choices, LiveWell Colorado focuses on policy, environmental and lifestyle changes that remove barriers and increase access to healthy behaviors. Working in partnership with obesity prevention initiatives across the state, LiveWell Colorado aims to provide every Coloradan with access to healthy foods and opportunities for physical activity in the places they live, work, learn and play.
Initially established as a grant-making collaborative in 2007, LiveWell Colorado became a 501(c)(3) in 2009 with the support of its initial funders: The Colorado Health Foundation, Kaiser Permanente and the Kresge Foundation, and its partner the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.
Obesity in Colorado
While Colorado is often touted as America’s “leanest” state, we are not immune to the growing health crisis of obesity. Nearly 58 percent of Colorado adults and a quarter of our children are overweight or obese. And we’re getting worse. If trends continue, only 33 percent of Colorado adults will be a healthy weight by 2020. LiveWell Colorado was formed to take a leadership role in tackling the complex problem of obesity and realizing the vision of all Coloradans embracing a healthier lifestyle.
- LiveWell Colorado Fact Sheet
- LiveWell Colorado One-Pager
- LiveWell Colorado Annual Report 2011
- LiveWell Colorado Annual Report 2010
- LiveWell Colorado Annual Report 2009
- Obesity Statistics at a Glance: Impacts on Our State, Country and Economy
- Childhood Obesity Statistics: Impacts on Our Children’s Health and Prosperity
- Obesity Statistics: Impacts on Our Economy and National Security
LiveWell Colorado is located at 1490 Lafayette St., #404, Denver, CO 80218. Office Phone: 720-353-4120